Ex-Im Bank's guarantees help you secure competitive financing for your international buyers. We guarantee term financing-generally up to 10 years-to creditworthy international buyers in both the private and public sector, and finance your local costs up to 30%. With our guarantee, international buyers get competitive term financing-that may previously have been unavailable- from lenders.
How will these guarantees help my business?
Ex-Im Bank's Medium and Long-Term Guarantees provide:
- Risk mitigation for a transaction with a particular buyer.
- Financing for international buyers of U.S. capital goods and related services.
- More secure entry to emerging markets.
- Flexible lender financing options, backed by our guarantee, for buyers of U.S. capital goods and related services for long-term projects as well as medium-term, and flexible repayment terms.
- Coverage for 100% of commercial and political risks.
- No limits on transaction size.
Our guarantee to the lender is unconditional and transferable. We cover local costs up to 30% and ancillary services such as financial, legal or bank fees may be included.
- Ex-Im Bank finances only the U.S content. Please review Ex-Im Content Policy for more information.
- Ex-Im Bank can do business in most markets. However, we may be limited or unable to offer financing in certain countries and under certain terms. (See Country Information - Country Limitation Schedule).
- Products must be shipped from the U.S. to a foreign buyer.
- There is no minimum or maximum limit to the size of the export sale that may be financed with Ex-Im Bank's loan guarantee.
- Ex-Im Bank cannot support exports of military or defense products and services (with some exceptions), nor can we support purchases made by military buyers.
Ex-Im Bank's guarantee of a lender's loan to an international buyer is generally used for financing purchases of U.S. capital equipment and services. Prior to approving certain transactions, Ex-Im Bank will consider the economic impact of a particular transaction (see Ex-Im Bank policies - Economic Impact) and the environmental effects (see Ex-Im Bank policies - Environment).
This coverage is available for medium-term and long-term transactions. Ex-Im Bank provides an 85% guarantee (a 15% down payment is required from the buyer). Principle and accrued interest are included.
- Letter of Interest processing fee - $100
- Preliminary Commitment application fee - 0.1% of 1% of financed amount
- A commitment fee of 0.125%, based on unused portions of the loan
- An exposure fee based on risk (variable; see Exposure Fee Calculator)
- Interest rate negotiated between lender and borrower
If you are not a current Ex-Im customer, and would like to know more about the application process and apply on line, REVIEW THE PROCESS OVERVIEW HERE.
A loan guarantee, in finance, is a promise by one party (the guarantor) to assume the debt obligation of a borrower if that borrower defaults.
The term can be used to refer to a government to assume a private debt obligation if the borrower defaults. Most loan guarantee programs are established to correct perceived market failures by which...
The United States Department of Energy (DOE) is a Cabinet-level department of the United States government concerned with the United States' policies regarding energy and safety in handling nuclear material. Its responsibilities include the nation's nuclear weapons program, nuclear reactor production for the United States Navy, energy...