In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at East Midlands airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
Free internet access is available at the East Midlands Airport for 60 minutes. Connect to the "EMA Public Wifi" network. Beyond the 60 minutes, you can purchase a premium package. Rates: from £5.00 (per hour) • £10.00 (per day) • £30.00 (per month).
If sleeping in East Midlands Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near East Midlands Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes
- Car Rentals - Enterprise • Europcar • National • Hertz. Locations: Arrivals.
- Children's Play Area - Yes
- Currency Exchange - There are 3 Travelex offices located landside and airside.
- Fast Track Service - As a premium service, customers with Fast Track security passes will be given priority service to ensure that waiting is kept to a minimum. Cost: 3.00 BP. Book on-line.
- Food & Drinks - At the time of this update there are no 24-hour food options. During flight operating times, you will find a Burger King • Castle Rock Top Room & Kitchen • Flat White Coffee Club • Frankie & Benny's • Grab and Fly • Leon • Pork & Pickle.
- Information Desk - Location: Main Terminal Building, Landside.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Information not available
- Prayer Room - Hours: open 24 hours
- Shopping - In additional to a World Duty Free store, you will find an Aviation Gift Centre • Boots • Dixons Travel • Superdrug • WH Smith.
- Showers - not available
- Smoking - Smoking is prohibited inside the airport accept in one designated area which is Airside.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Bus and Coach
Skylink offers 24-hour bus service, with departures available every 20 minutes during the day, and hourly at night. Reservations are not required, and tickets and sold onboard the bus. All buses stop directly in front of the passenger terminal. The following routes are available:
Nottingham Skylink offers direct service to Nottingham and Long Eaton, via East Midlands Airport. Buses stop directly outside of the airport terminal, Friar Lane in Nottingham city center and at Nottingham Broadmarsh Bus Station (Bay 1), which is just a 5 minute walk from Nottingham train station. Total trip time in one direction is 55 minutes. For route map, schedules and fare information, visit the Trent Barton Skylink Nottingham website.
Derby-Loughborough-Leicester Skylink, via East Midlands Airport. Total one-way trip time between the airport and Derby Bus Station (Bay 19) is 40 minutes. In the other direction, the ride between the airport and Loughborough is 25 minutes, and between the airport and Leicester (St. Margaret’s Bus Station) is 53 minutes. There is no service on Christmas or New Year’s Day. For route map, schedules and fare information, visit the Trent Barton Skylink Derby website.
National Express coach service offers direct service to Sheffield, Leeds and select London airports (Luton, Gatwick and Heathrow), as well as through-tickets on Skylink buses to Nottingham, Derby and Leicester. For routes, schedules, fares and ticket sales, visit the National Express website.
Long Whatton is a village in the English county of Leicestershire. It is south of East Midlands Airport, off Junctions 23 and 23A of the M1 motorway, and has easy access to Loughborough via the A6 and to Shepshed, Ashby de la Zouch and Kegworth.
The village is at National Grid Reference SK481229. It is a linear settlement, situated largely...
Bridge-to-bridge station /topic/en/bridge-to-bridge_station
Cable television relay service station /topic/en/cable_television_relay_service_station
Geostationary orbit /topic/en/geostationary_orbit
Master station /topic/en/master_station
Primary station /topic/en/primary_station...