Sell things you no longer need.
A quick and easy way to make some money is to sell valuable, high-demand items. Look around your house for commonly-sold items you no longer need, such as:
- Musical instruments
- Collectible toys
- Electronic equipment (computers, tablets, televisions, speakers, etc.)
- Video games
- Unused gift cards (these can be sold on various websites, or redeemed instantly at Coinstar kiosks)
Look for ways to sell your items.
You can concentrate on selling your items to people you know, in-person to customers, or online. Depending on where you live, any of these methods might be a way of making a sale quickly.
- “For Sale” postings (on a bulletin board, in a newspaper, or on an online classifieds board like Craigslist)
- Pawn shops
- Online retail sites like Amazon or AbeBooks.com will sometimes pay quickly for popular items like books, DVDs, electronics, and smartphones. These sites may charge a small fee or percentage of your profit.
- Trade-in at stores; some will buy items like used designer clothing, CDs and Records, or books on the spot.
Set a competitive price for your items. Deciding how much to sell your stuff for can be difficult. However, if you price items at half of what somebody would be able to buy them for anywhere else, you are more likely to make a quick sale. When you are trying to make money in a hurry, this might be your priority.
- Don’t sell items for a deeply discounted price unless you really need money in a hurry.
Miss Pacific Fleet is a 1935 American film featuring Joan Blondell and Glenda Farrell. The pair is in California, trying to hustle up the money to get back to New York by competing for the title of Miss Pacific Fleet.
This is one of an informal series of four through the early 1930s where Blondell and Farrell were paired as a fast-talking...
Dot Goes to Hollywood is a 1987 Australian film directed by Yoram Gross.
Yoram Gross's eighth Dot movie finds us in Australia with Dot and a koala named Gumley dancing and singing in the streets. There are signs that tell of an epidemic that is going around. It is an eye disease and it is spreading fast among the koalas, and it causes blindness...